Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Fiber in the Shop!



I have been working hard to get some new fiber in the shop. I have posted some pictures on my facebook page (link to the left). I have also been spinning away on my new wheel, trying some different techniques, instead of just 2 ply yarn.


It has been very cold here. The ice in the calves' water trough was 2 inches thick yesterday morning. It takes a lot of beating on it to break ice like that. Needless to say, my hands are a bit sore today. When we woke this morning, the temp outside was a whole 10 degrees. BRRRRRRR..........and the Special Olympics is having a fundraiser in a couple of days - a polar bear plunge of all things!!! I think instead of raising money because you are jumping into the frigid water, they might make more if they grabbed folks and told them they had to raise money or they would throw them in!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colors in the yarn you pictured. Lori, I get goose bumps thinking of the ice cold water...just donate money to be able to stand and watch the others!

    ReplyDelete