Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rain, rain, GO SOMEPLACE THAT NEEDS YOU!!!

Ever wonder about the unglamorous side of living on a farm? How about 5 inches of rain in as many days! This is in front of the gate where I let the sheep out each day into their daytime pasture:
And don't even get me started on how dirty the sheep are. It is hard to tell if any of them started out white!

A couple of people have asked about Tiny Tim, the little goat that we didn't expect to live through the night when he was born. When he did, I didn't think he would make it until the end of the week. Well, that little guy is proving me wrong at every turn!


He is healthy and strong and growing like a weed! He doesn't like getting his feet wet, so he stands ona rock and yells at his mama. She yells back from the daytime pasture. You can almost imagine what they are saying:
"Mama, come get me!"

"No, you come here right now!"

"Mama come get me!"

"I said NO! Now come here!"

And this can go on for 10 minutes at a time. It cracks me up to listen to them. And yes, eventually, Tawny goes back and gets him. Spoiled baby!




By the way, I have started a new Ravelry Group for our farm and etsy shop. If anyone is interested, the link is:

www.ravelry.com/groups/diamond-b-sheep-farm

Come check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment